NPA-Ilocos Sur criticizes AFP ‘overkill,’ lies and violation of CARHRIHL

By ACE ALEGRE
Bulatlat.com

BAGUIO CITY – Communist guerillas operating in Ilocos Sur has admitted that two of their comrades were slain by government soldiers in an almost week-long gun battle in Cervantes town, Ilocos Sur a week ago.

Benny Boy “Ka Likot” Aguilar and Delfin “Ka Dindo” Gullayan died on the second day of the skirmishes, said Armando Silva, spokesman of the Ilocos Sur–based Alfredo Cesar Command of the NPA.

Earlier, the Northern Luzon Command said that government troops had killed Aguilar and wounded others more during the fighting in the remote Cervantes town in Ilocos Sur on September 23.

Aguilar, 23, hailed from the urban poor sector in Sampaloc, Metro Manila, said Silva of the NPA-Ilocos Sur.

The military reportedly displayed Aguilar’s torn body to torment the people of Cervantes a day after the encounter. Simon Naogsan, spokesman of the Cordillera Peoples Democratic Front (CPDF), an allied organization of the NDF, denounced this.

Silva said that “Aguilar’s body bore signs of “overkill” – his skull was shattered, one of his eyes was detached from its socket, and his chest caved in due to multiple gunshots and heavy bashing, all of which are clear violations of the CARHRIHL.”

The second slain rebel– Gullayan, 28, was from Baclingayan, Tubo, Abra. He was reportedly found dead only on September 29, five days after the firefight.

But according to Silva, the military troopers suffered “more casualties,” although Capt. Jovelyn Cabading, spokesman of the Northern Luzon Command of the AFP, said only one soldier was wounded during the almost week-long firefights in the hinterlands of Ilocos Sur.

A soldier was wounded in the September 23 firefight while another soldier died in the September 24 encounter, said Silva.

“A total of 15 died and no less than six other soldiers were wounded from the operating troops of the 50th IB of the Philippine Army.”

Silva recounted that the first clash happened in Remedios village (Cervantes) where four soldiers died and six others were wounded in September 23. Ten soldiers died at Bulaga, in the village of Aluling on September 24. An undetermined number were wounded at Maupong, Brgy. Concepcion on September 26.

Because of their losses, the military “went on a rampage and arrested five civilians whom they suspected as NPA members,” Silva said.

Captain Cabading of the Nolcom admitted that four suspected NPA members were arrested, but she added they were turned over to the police.

But Silva disputed it, saying the persons arrested are still being held by the military. They are Edward Galao of Cabaroan, Concepcion village, Cervantes, Ilocos Sur, Kidsol Keeg of Remedios village, Cervantes and Hilario Bantio, 44, from Labaan, Tabio, Mankayan, Benguet.

Meanwhile, the following had been released: Mathew Sawey of Langsoyan, Brgy. Aluling, Cervantes and Francis Tengngedan of Cawag, Brgy. Aluling .

Silva said the persons being detained by the military are civilians. ()

Share This Post

One Comment - Write a Comment

  1. kahit kailan hinding-hindi maitatanggi ang karahasang taglay ng militar sa mga nadadakip o mga sugatan sa labanan maging ang mga nasasawi sa labanan. patay na nga ang tao hindi pa sila nasisiyahan, sinisira pa nilang mabuti ang wala ng buhay na katawan ng kanilang kaaway. mahilig talaga silang magsinungaling sa mga tunay na kaganapan lalo na sa usapin ng mga casualties sa mga labanan. dahil pag ang mga militar ay nalalagasan madali silang mademoralized hindi tulad ng mga TUNAY NA HUIKBO NG BAYAN na ginagawang inspirasyon ang mga nagawa ng nasawing comrade dahil ang buhay nya ay inalay sa paglilingkod sa sambayanan sa pamamagitan ng pagsusulong ng mga demokratikong interes at karapatan ng mamamayan hindi tulad ng militar na nagsisilbi sa kanilang mga opisyal at mga naghaharing-uri na syang yumuyurak sa karapatan at nagsasamantala sa sambayanan. MABUHAY ANG TUNAY NA HUKBO NG SAMBAYANAN, ANG BAGONG HUKBONG BAYAN! MABUHAY ANG SAMBAYANANG PILIPINO!!!!

Comments are closed.